Saturday, December 31, 2016

Weekend Update

Happy New Years Eve! I went over my On Hand Reading List the other day as I had discovered a title on my bookshelf that didn't appear on my written list. So, just to be sure, I checked my list again, went over each book and actually found several that somehow had been overlooked and not added to my reading list. So--all updated and revised as we begin fresh heading into the new year:

My Actual On Hand Reading List

1.      2666-Bolano

2.      Alice in Wonderland-Lewis

3.      Anne of Green Gables-Montgomery

4.      Austerlitz-Sebold

5.      Barkskins-Proulx

6.      The Bell Jar-Sylvia Plath

7.      Beloved-Toni Morrison

8.      Bernaby Ridge-Dickens

9.      Black Prism-Weeks

10.  Blade Itself-Abercrombie

11.  Bleak House-Dickens

12.  Blood of Flowers-Amirrezani

13.  Book of Laughter and Forgetting-Kundera

14.  Bridget Jones’ Diary-Fielding

15.  Catch 22-Heller

16.  Clash of Kings-Martin

17.  Cloud Atlas-Mitchell

18.  Columbine-Cullen

19.  Corelli’s Mandolin-de Bernieres

20.  Count of Monte Christo-Dumas

21.  Crime and Punishment-Dostoyevsky

22.  Dance With Dragons-Martin

23.  Daylight War-Brett

24.  The Dark Elf Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore

25.  David Copperfield-Dickens

26.  Desert Spear-Brett

27.  Divine Comedy-Aligheri

28.  Don Quioxte-Cervantes

29.  Dornby & Son-Dickens

30.  Dragon’s Path-Abraham

31.  Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde-Stevenson

32.  Eat Pray Love-Gilbert

33.  Empire Falls-Russo

34.  End of Watch-King

35.  English Patient-Ondaatje

36.  Everything’s Eventual-King

37.  A Fine Balance-Mistry

38.  Feast for Crows-Martin

39.  Game of Thrones-Martin #1

40.  Gentleman in Moscow-Towles

41.  Germinal-Zola

42.  Giselle’s Bucket List-Watt

43.  Goldfinch-Tartt

44.  Go Tell it on the Mountain-Baldwin

45.  Great Expectations-Dickens

46.  Hamlet-Shakespeare

47.  Hard Times-Dickens

48.  Harry Potter Deathly Hallows-Rowling

49.  Harry Potter Half Blood Prince-Rowling

50.  Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix-Rowling

51.  Heart of Darkness-Conrad

52.  Hero of Ages-Sanderson

53.  Hero of the Empire-Millard

54.  Homegoing-Gyasi

55.  Hunchback of Notre Dame-Hugo

56.  Invisible Man-Ellison

57.  Jude the Obscure-Hardy

58.  Knight of the Seven Kingdoms-Martin

59.  Lanark-Gray

60.  Lilac Girls-Kelly

61.  Lily and the Octopus-Rowley

62.  Little Dorit-Dickens

63.  Little Life-Yanagahari

64.  Little Prince-St Exupery

65.  Lord of the Flies-Golding

66.  Love in the Time of Cholera-Marquez

67.  A Man Called Ove-Backman

68.  March-Doctorow

69.  Martian-Weir

70.  Martin Chuzzlewit-Dickens

71.  Memoirs of a Geisha-Golden

72.  Mercy-Morrison

73.  Middlemarch-Eliot

74.  Mistborn-Sanderson

75.  Moon and Sixpence-Maugham

76.  My Antonia-Cather

77.  Mystery of Edwin Drood-Dickens

78.  Name of the Rose-Eco

79.  Native Son-Wright

80.  News of the World-Jiles

81.  Nicholas Nickleby-Dickens

82.  Nine of Us-Kennedy Smith

83.  Nix-Hill

84.  NOS4A2-Hill

85.  Old Man and the Sea-Hemingway

86.  Old Curiosity Shop-Dickens

87.  Oliver Twist-Dickens

88.  One Hundred Years of Solitude-Marquez

89.  Orphan Train-Kline

90.  Oryx and Crake-Atwood

91.  Our Mutual Friend-Dickens

92.  Pickwick Papers-Dickens

93.  Plot Against America-Roth

94.  Possession-Byatt

95.  Prayer for Owen Meany-Irving

96.  Ravensbruck-Helm

97.  Regeneration-Barker

98.  Remains of the Day-Ishiguiro

99.  Robinson Crusoe-DeFoe

100.                      Schindler’s List-Keneally

101.                      A Separate Peace-Knowles

102.                      Shadow of the Wind-Zafon

103.                      Skull Throne-Brett

104.                      Storm of Swords-Martin

105.                      A Stranger in a Strange Land-Heinlein

106.                      The Stranger-Camus

107.                      A Suitable Boy-Vikram

108.                      Tale of Two Cities-Dickens

109.                      Tenant of Wildfell Hall-Bronte

110.                      Three Muskateers-Dumas

111.                      Tom Jones-Fielding

112.                      A Tree Grows in Brooklyn-Smith

113.                      Unbearable Lightness of Being-Kundera

114.                      The Vagrants-Li

115.                      Versions of Us-Barnett

116.                      War and Peace-Tolstoy

117.                      Warded Man-Brett #1

118.                      Warmth of Other Suns-Wilkerson

119.                      Watership Down-Adams

120.                      Well of Ascension-Sanderson

121.                      White Tiger-Adiga

!122.                      Winter People-McMahon

 My goal is to reduce my on hand count to eighty books over the course of the year (seeing that I intend to read fifty-two, that allows me to buy twelve?! That works!!)
 
I don't usually make resolutions but I do have a few other goals for the 2017: I hope to run 1000 miles this year and see if I can make it to a size 0! I don't know how many races I'll actually get to run since I work every weekend but if I can talk myself into running my first half this year, I'm sure I'll be able to schedule that weekend off--along with my two favorite 10k's: Fairhaven's Father's Day and the Spooky Spooner (hitting PR's for both, of course!)
 
Financially: save more, spend less is always a good goal but I'd like to come up with a more concrete plan than just a vague intention--so I'll work on that coming up...
 
And finally, to be creative more. I've really dropped the ball since going back to work this year and I miss that outlet. So I know I'll need to be more intentional about making and taking time to do more creative projects through the year.
 
What are your goals or resolutions for 2017? Hope it's healthy and happy for all!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Journal Reunion

Can anyone tell me how we got to the last week of March so soon? Happy Spring everyone! And yet, it is still flurrying a little here this mo...