Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Whatcha Readin' Wednesday

I realized I forgot to include two more reading challenges I'm taking on for the new year. First is the Ultimate PopSugar Reading Challenge for 2017 (they also have a Goodreads group you can join here) And the Grand World Of Books Bingo Challenge for 2017 (Who isn't a sucker for a bingo board, right?) I've printed out both of these challenges just for help determining what I need to read next and in no way to justify buying new books (hahahahahahaha) I'm so super excited to get started!

Today's plan is to power through and finish Leviathan Wakes by James A Corey. At just about 130 pages left, I have my work cut out for me--but I'm anxious to get started on Tolstoy's War and Peace. I've created a daily tracker for my bujo, allowing nine weeks to finish, though I hope to complete it in a month. Here's a quick pic of my tracker:

 
I color in each day's page goal as I finish it--a great visual to seeing how far I've read and how much more I have ahead of me yet.

I also whipped up a few bookmarks to track the titles I'll be reading for the new year:

 
First will be simply titles in order as I read each book, including my ratings up to five stars. A to Z will track titles alphabetically and the authors on the back--intending to read a title and author for each letter of the alphabet through the year. On the right is just a quickie bookmark to track titles that I made for a friend at work. I'm as much of a bookmark junkie as a book junkie! I think those addictions simply go hand in hand and it's a fun creative outlet making my own bookmarks for the year!

And finally, I think I've decided to also track my total pages read this time. I've never done that before and it'll be great to see what that grand total will turn out to be. Book Dragon's Lair is hosting a Pages Read Challenge, so signing myself up for that one as well! Why not, right?

Time to get reading!! What challenges are you taking on this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Journal Reunion

Can anyone tell me how we got to the last week of March so soon? Happy Spring everyone! And yet, it is still flurrying a little here this mo...