Wednesday, December 27, 2017

New Years is Almost Here

2017 has come and gone in the blink of an eye and now it's time to plan for new goals and new challenges for 2018. Along with my Beat the Backlist Challenge, and my A to Z title and author challenges, I want to try to conquer a subgenre list. I was completely unaware of just how many subgenres actually exist until I Googled the topic for the Goodreads Pop Sugar reading challenge last year. You can click here  to view a complete list--I haven't bothered to count, it's a whole lot! So, excluding any erotica (yeah, no thanks)--I'm planning to see just how many I can knock out next year.

For now, I'm finishing up the last of my reading for 2017--the last novel, Love by Toni Morrison. I completed 77 books out of my original 75 set for the year, yay me! Also yay me, I passed my ENG101 course for fall and have been invited to take honors classes for next semester. If I hadn't already ordered my text books, I'd probably consider the invitation but for now, I'm just sticking with what I've already scheduled for ENG102 and a college mathematics course. Keeping up with two courses ought to be challenging enough!

I did sit down and think about what my (hopeful) intentions might be for the coming year. I've let life slip by in such a blur since going back to working full time and I'm really craving some creativity time. So I'm hoping if I can set some daily and weekly goals for drawing and lettering, some art journaling, blogging for accountability, then perhaps I can stick to my intentions a little better? I'm playing around with tracker layouts in my bullet journal--that seems to be a simple way to remind myself of things that I might otherwise let slip by when I'm feeling too busy or too stressed to take time to play. Fingers crossed--I'll do my best to stay in touch here and see how it all goes...

Meanwhile, I did whip up a bookmark for Beat the Backlist and a tracker in my bujo for the A to Z Challenge:
 

I'm on the Book Bards team, hence the logo on the bookmark...It'll be fun to watch them both fill up! So...here we go! I'm sure 2018 is gonna fly even faster than this year did--don't blink!! See ya' in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Journal Reunion

Can anyone tell me how we got to the last week of March so soon? Happy Spring everyone! And yet, it is still flurrying a little here this mo...